RPMS Letting charge the fees below for tenant applications. All fees are inclusive of VAT
£185 for an individual application
£75 for further individual applications including guarantor applications
50% of one month's rent as a reservation fee (deducted from first rent payment)
PLEASE NOTE: ABOVE FEES MUST BE PAID WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS AFTER ACCEPTANCE**
RPMS DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY PAYMENT BY CHEQUE - ONLY DEBIT/CREDIT CARD AND CASH ARE ACCEPTED
Deposits are due once all checks and references are complete
How does this work?
Mr Smith is moving in to a property on 1st April with a rent of £500pcm and a deposit of £625pcm (total to move in £1290)
His 1st payment would be Application Fee and Holding Fee (50% of a month’s rent) - £185+ £250 = £435
His 2nd payment would be his Deposit on 25th March - £625
His final payment on moving in day is the final 50% of the rent - £250
What Identification & Information Will I Need To Provide?
All adult tenants and guarantors will be required to provide appropriate identiifcation to proceed with a tenancy with RPMS.
For further information on new Right to Rent Legislation and to confirm documentation required please visit The Home Office webpage
What Happens Before I Can Sign My Contract?
A tenancy is subject to contract and the following:
- Application form and Guarantor Form (if required) are fully completed.
- Required fees (see above) are paid
- Our referencing provider have completed and are satisfied with all necessary checks and searches
- The Landlord has confirmed acceptance of the application.
If the applicant decides to withdraw their application at any point after the fees and holding fee has been received, there will be NO refund.
If the Landlord or Agent decides to stop the application due to false information provided on the application, NO refund will be given.
If the Landlord or Agent decides to stop the application, not in line with the above comment a full refund will be made.
An applicant's requested move in date will only be confirmed by RPMS after all checks are complete and the final inspection and schedule of works if required, are agreed. All move in appointments are completed during office hours and dependant on the office diary maybe from 11am daily.
The property is advertised 'as seen' and will be in the same condition at the start of your tenancy as it was on your viewing. Any amendments to this must be requested and agreed in writing prior to application fees being paid.
After receipt of the application fees and reservation fee payment RPMS will conduct all the required checks. This takes approximately 5 working days.
Upon receipt of satisfactory references
You pay the balance of the deposit and your agreement will then be issued to you for signature.
An appointment is made for you to come to the office to complete your move in on the date confirmed by RPMS. You are required to return the signed agreement and accompanying paperwork prior to this appointment. This will be sent through our partner DocuSign and will allow you to electronically sign from your computer, phone or tablet.
When Do I Start Paying Rent?
FOR FULLY MANAGED PROPERTIES ONLY* -RPMS give you the option to decide which day of the month you would like to pay your rent. This will allow you to pick an appropriate day, possibly in line with your salary payment date. Your first rent payment will be a minimum of two weeks (inclusive of your reservation fee) and will take you up until the day prior to your chosen payment date. This means that the first payment may be more than one month’s rent in total.
You will be provided details for our bank account to set up a standing order for the rent amount on your chosen payment date. You will need to provide proof that the standing order has been set up prior to your move in appointment.
FOR TENANT FINDER PROPERTIES* - You will be provided details for your Landlords bank account to set up a standing order for the rent amount on the same date as your move in day. You will need provide proof that the standing order has been set up prior to your move in appointment.
*RPMS staff will be able to clarify which of the above applies to you
What Do I Do If I'm Not Happy With Something?
As a licensed member of ARLA, the Association of Residential Letting Agents and the Property Ombudsman for Lettings, RPMS Letting are committed to best practice in governing the way we operate and carry out our business. We strive to provide the highest standard of service to both Landlords and Tenants. Our aim is to provide our Landlords and Tenants with the highest levels of service, integrity and fairness. Our terms of business are clear and highlight the different levels of service on offer as well as explaining our fee structures. We maintain professional records and adhere to the ARLA financial codes of conduct and reporting. Our senior lettings staff are ARLA trained and maintain professional and appropriate contact with both Landlords and Tenants to ensure they are kept up to date with our letting processes.
RPMS Letting Customer Complaints Procedure
Our senior lettings negotiators are ARLA trained and in the first instance, should a complaint arise, will do their utmost to assure any enquiries or issues are dealt with professionally and as quickly as possible. However, should the need arise to make a formal complaint, RPMS Letting have set out the following complaints procedure.
- In the event of a formal complaint, please email RPMS Letting marking it for the attention of 'The Manager' with the subject 'FORMAL COMPLAINT' to firstname.lastname@example.org
- . We ask that your complaint is put in writing, setting out your concerns with any appropriate related documents attached.
- The complaint will be acknowledged within three working days of receipt. Following an investigation a formal written outcome will be sent to you within ten working days of the initial receipt. Complainants will be invited to make any comments in relation to the response RPMS Letting have given.
- If a complainant remains dissatisfied with the result of our internal investigation, the next step is to send an email for the attention of 'The Director' with the subject 'FINAL FORMAL COMPLAINT' to email@example.com. Following a review of our in-house investigation, we will respond with a final written statement.
- At this stage should the complainant still remain dissatisfied, we advise that the matter is referred to The Property Ombudsman. Please write to The Property Ombudsman using the address below:
The Property Ombudsman, Milford House, 43-55 Milford Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 2BP